Data protection is in our DNA
We simplify data protection implementation and operations enabling compliance controls for organisations of all sizes.
Data Protection Controls is the brainchild of Jim Ashton. Jim has accumulated years of data management and data governance experience since delivering his first data warehouse project for an international investment and retail bank in 1997.
Data Protection Controls is a niche company with big clients. We usually get called in for one of two reasons:
- our services stand out from the rest;
- to clean up failed or stalled data protection programmes that usually were started by big-name consultancies.
We are experts, agile, responsive and highly knowledgeable.
Our mission is to simplify the process for organisations like yours to implement and maintain your data protection compliance.
We engage with clients of all sizes across the entire profit and non-profit spectrum. Our services include consulting, managed services, training and outsourcing.
We have successfully delivered very challenging data protection projects. We share our expertise and insight with you to help you achieve your data protection objectives.
Our Sector Experience
BANKING / FINANCIAL SERVICES
- ABN Amro: investment banking
- BBVA: retail and wholesale banking
- Capify Financial services: business funding
- Citibank: retail and wholesale banking
- Co-Operative Bank: retail and wholesale banking
- Coventry Building Society: retail financial and mortgage services
- Mizuho International Bank: investment banking
- Morgan Stanley International: investment banking, compliance
- PleasePay: Financial Management
- UBS / SBC Warburg: equity sales
- Met Life: all types of insurance
- Servify: Insuretech and Fintech
- Thomas Miller: corporate insurance, professional indemnity insurance, wealth management, mutual management
- Tindall Riley: corporate insurance, professional indemnity insurance, mutual management
- BizSpace: business property leasing
- Brightstar: wireless logistics and supply chain
- Brookes Bell: marine consultancy
- CloudMade: electronic vehicle tracking
- Cogniance: bespoke software development
- Fadata: insurance software development
- International Chamber of Shipping: global marine trade association
- IRIS Software: software development, B2B marketing, sales, supply chain
- Muso: global piracy (IP) tracking
- Nucleus Global: medical communications
- Seiko Time Incorporated: retail marketing, sales, supply chain
- Wolters Kluwer/Springer: publication
Our training is accredited by the CPD Certification Service. Our membership number is – 016096.
Cyber Essentials Certified
Our security is Cyber Essentials certified.
Our Leadership Team
Owner and founder of Data Protection controls
Jim has over 20 years experience covering Data Privacy and Protection, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Enterprise Reporting, Transformation and Change to deliver: cost reduction, risk mitigation and increased efficiency.
Jim is a guest speaker, member of DAMA: Data Management Association and a professional member of IAPP: International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Paulo Ferreira Nunes – Chief Technical Officer
Paolo takes care of the development and technical support of our online platforms.
Paolo also manages DPC’s online marketing, business development and consulting services.
Tom Bailey – Legal Advisor
Tom is a UK lawyer and barrister and a legal consultant with extensive GDPR, operational improvement and project management experience.
Tom prides himself on providing pragmatic solutions to best suit the particular needs of the business he is engaged to assist.
Tom has worked in businesses ranging from global corporations to high street professional service providers.
Karnis Bailey – Legal Consultant
Karnis is a UK lawyer and barrister with extensive experience advising blue chip clients in the aviation, automotive and hospitality sectors.
In addition to GDPR knowledge, Karnis specialises in management training, ranging from senior executive teams to front-line management.
Business and engagement partners
We maintain flexibility to concentrate on delivery. To achieve this we use trusted partners that provide us with associate pools of the skilled project and technical professionals who will get the job done under our vision, supervision and guidance.
Bishopsgate Financial is our UK-based business partner providing flexible delivery regardless of where you are in your transformation process.
Data Protection Controls
Calle de la Caléndula 93, Miniparc III, Edificio E, 28109, Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
+34 915 553 975